In the idyllic valley of the river "Glinder Au" lies the mill "Steinbeker Mühle"
which is owned by the Neubauer family since 1735 and it is in present time one of
the oldest companies in Hamburg. The mill was first mentioned in historic documents
on September 8th, 1321, when Earl Johann III. of Holstein sold the village
"Steinbek" with its watermill for 800 Mark Hamburger Pfennige to the convent in
Reinbek, today a supurb of Hamburg. 8 Marks per year of this amount were
used to purchase skirts for the nuns.